So exactly when you thought you comprehended young people… the current year’s YOUTH MARKETING STRATEGY CONFERENCE hurled everything open to question to disperse it withdraw over the floor like a jumbled adolescent room.
Truly, I was there at the Conference, where I saw swarms of Marketing Professionals listen surprised as they found that all they contemplated youngsters was in reality WRONG!
Here’s a tester of where marketeers have been turning out badly…
1. Young people DON’T CONSIDER MUSIC AND SPORTING CELEBS AS ROLE MODELS
They really need good examples who are real and like them which is the reason they invest so much energy viewing vlogs from all kinds of different backgrounds and regarding all matters.
2. Young people DON’T LIKE LOUD MUSIC
Well with regards to video content in web based advertising they don’t in any case. They need significant and enthusiastic substance which recounts a story… not a 30 second clasp. What?
3. Young people DON’T BELIEVE WHAT YOU TELL THEM
Truth be told they don’t trust most things that are standard… counting their folks! They have data over-burden however need genuine intelligence. Who would they be able to trust?
4. Youngsters DON’T FEEL LISTENED TO AND VALUED
Alright nothing unexpected there at that point! They feel that nobody tunes in to the… Well after all life is “soooo unreasonable”!.
5. YEY WE FEEL BRITISH… NOT!
They don’t really see themselves as British. They are residents of the world and feel nearer to common causes than their area of birth.
6. Youngsters DON’T SEEK OUT GENDER-SPECIFIC INFO
Shockingly enough youngsters are sexual orientation liquid? They take after the same number of male magnificence vloggers as they do female vloggers.
In the event that I felt somewhat detached by what I heard today… at that point what must brands I work with feel? How would they connect and get saw by the present youth? There is an extreme occupation to done of offering items and administrations… be that as it may, this age are not customers as we probably am aware them any longer and nor will they be later on. Brands need to accept the qualities and characteristics of this age –
• STOP USING MODELS to speak to your image – don’t have lovely/smiley twenty to thirty year olds everywhere on your adverts. This age can’t identify with them.
• Stand for a similar thing they do. GET POLITICAL! Give them a chance to see that you consider causes important and you will speak to them and utilize your colossal worldwide quality.
• Show your blemish… this implies keep it genuine with legitimate substance. THEY CAN SEE THROUGH CRAP!
• Your substance must be significant and on the off chance that you don’t have the privilege interior close down strategies at that point don’t attempt to be REAL TIME as you will simply resemble yesterday’s news.
• EMOTION is the silver slug. They need important substance since they truly do mind.
• It is alright to enrapture as long as it works for your identity focusing on.