A rocket assault on a military preparing camp in Yemen has slaughtered in any event 80 fighters.

Many others were injured in the strike in the focal territory of Marib on Saturday, authorities state.

The camp, about 170km (105 miles) east of the capital, Sanaa, directed a mosque as individuals accumulated for supplication, military sources told Reuters.

Yemen’s administration has accused Houthi rebels for the assault, yet there has been no case of obligation.

Authorities said they expected the loss of life to rise.

Why would that be a war in Yemen?

Yemen war: Has anything been accomplished?

Yemeni President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi censured the “weak” assault in a statement carried by Saba, a state news agency.

Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image caption
Yemen’s government has blamed Houthi rebels for the attack
The attack “confirms without doubt that the Houthis have no desire for peace”, Mr Hadi was quoted as saying.

In August last year, Houthi rebels launched a missile attack on a Yemen government forces military parade in the southern port city of Aden, killing at least 32 people.

Houthi missile attack on military parade kills 32
Yemen has been devastated by a conflict that escalated in March 2015, when Houthi rebels seized control of much of the west of the country and forced President Hadi to flee abroad.

Alarmed by the rise of a group they believed to be backed militarily by regional Shia Muslim power Iran, Saudi Arabia and eight other mostly Sunni Muslim Arab states began an air campaign aimed at restoring Mr Hadi’s government.

Hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in the conflict, described as the world’s worst humanitarian crisis by the UN.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here